…in hopes of inspiring your writing, art, lively conversations, or quiet thinking:
- Do you live with friends, family members, your children, co-workers, romantic partner(s)? How are you/you all doing?
- If you live alone (with or without pets), how are you feeling about your situation?
- If you live apart from your partner/spouse, how is that going?
- How can you afford to live alone if you’re doing so?
- If you live with others but hope to find a place of your own, are finances holding you back – and/or are there other factors?
- If you cohabitate with a spouse/partner, what are your thoughts on sharing space, creating moments of solitude, and feeling a sense of community while in a romantic relationship?
- If you’re currently going solo (living alone), do you see yourself ever living with a significant other? If so, what do you think that would look like?
- How many single friends and family members do you have in your life? How many of them live alone? What do you know of their experiences?
- Do you know of any adults who live in cooperative housing situations – i.e., running the household together as a group, growing and preparing food, sharing childcare, etc.
- Does your town or city offer affordable efficiency units for singletons? Does it offer creative living complexes or communities for singles?
- How may more introverted singles and singletons cherish their quietude while also feeling a sense of community?
- What is your relationship with technology and virtual connectedness – and with the actual people behind the messages?
- What can we do about the worldwide “epidemic” of people choosing to live alone deep into their elder years? Can new medical models and housing situations be adopted to support dignity in one’s own living space?
- Please share any ideas you may have about affordable living spaces, relationships, connections vs. solitude – or any such topics on your mind.