Singleton phoenix / changes afoot

IMG_0040
My shadow under the Sandia Mountains during an after-work walk.

Hello, Valentines!

About the recent technical shenanigans: so far, so good. I worked on your suggestions bit by bit and my blog is slowly functioning again. Thank you!

The whole affair gave me time to ponder how “You are not alone” fits into my life and how it may best serve readers. I made a decision to do some cleaning up, reorganizing and renaming. The Who but You? Project – the series of contributions from men and women who live alone – will gradually take center stage and will, in fact, end up claiming the blog’s title.

Who but You? will open its arms to anyone – regardless of relationship and habitation status — who may feel inspired to write about singlehood, living alone, relationships, aging, introverts/extroverts, and solitude – especially in this era of digital expressions and connections.

As always, thank you for reading. Without a doubt, in this life, in this world, no matter how and where you live, you are not alone.

I’m glad you’re here.

–Kim

IMG_0270
The Oregon Mountains — in New Mexico!

10 Comments Add yours

1. Do you listen to any podcasts? I like this one…. have not listened to this episode yet, but your post reminded me: http://www.wnyc.org/story/living-alone-and-liking-it-sometimes/

–J

1. Kim (You are not alone) says:

I love podcasts and just when I think I’ve read and heard everything about living alone, a gift comes along. Look forward to listening to this. Thank you!

2. Jean says:

I like the look of your new theme, and the direction that you are taking the blog certainly resonates with me. I look forward to seeing where you take us.

1. Kim (You are not alone) says:

You are one of the most valuable aspects of this online community. Thank you, Jean! Stay tuned… 🙂

3. rebekahrhind says:

We are all part of the ‘ one in all’ 🙏
    Enjoying your posts

1. Kim (You are not alone) says:

Indeed we are! Much gratitude. ❤

4. anotherclosethippie says:

That’s your after work walk?? 0.o I’m a little jealous hehe

1. Kim (You are not alone) says:

Ha, ha, yes! That particular trail is about a 20 or 30-minute drive away. I do get home a little late on those days, but it’s worth it! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

5. anotherclosethippie says:

HI Kim! I just wanted to nominate you for the three day quote challenge!

Rules – if you’d like to participate –

1. 3 quotes in 3 days
    2. Thank the person who nominates you
    3. Nominate 3 blogs each day of the 3 days to participate in the challenge

1. Hi! This sounds like fun! Thanks for thinking of me. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

We would love to hear what you think...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s